In addition to our work on CSS specifications, we’re also working on new feature proposals and specs for the Sass preprocessor.
The priorities right now are:
- Tools for managing new color syntax and multiple color-spaces
- Try/catch syntax, for error handling
- First-class css function calls
- Expanding internal utilities (lists & strings etc)
- URL handling & package management
From a broader perspective, we believe that Sass can be a foundational tool for the future of design systems tooling – and there are many more features to consider along those lines. For example: importing & exporting JSON data, such as design token files.
Our notes ¶
We we able to fast-track a proposal for HWB colors, since they describe the already-supported sRGB color space.